Thursday, August 31, 2006

Catnap



Here is the finished painting. I tried to fix most of the things ya'll said, and I think they helped. I couldn't fix the tangent thing (on the pillow) or any of the major pillow colors, because they're thick with like three layers of collage that came from tons of mistakes and trying to figure out what I'm doing. I agree with the pillow on the top left though...it's just hits her in a little of a strange place. I'll just have to keep tangents in mind for next time.....it's weird how all the stuff we learned keeps coming back in little snipets. I'm ready to start something new!

P.S. I'm having trouble getting the actual image up here to look right....I think because I'm just using my digital camera for now balanced on my knee. The colors in the actual painting are a little more rich.

3 Comments:

Blogger drawatron said...

good job. i think you dropped the pillow back enough to really bring out the interaction between you and the cat. make sure to post a good scan when you can.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

Sarah, this is really beautiful. I understand about the tangent thing - I could tell it was part of the collage so probably hard to fix. Everything in this piece seems really nicely executed - my favorite part is your left hand on the kitty, it's gorgeous! I love the colors that are on the web, and I'm sure the brighter/truer colors are beautiful too. When you get a scanner plugged in, definitely post the work!!!! Nice job!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Erika Steiskal said...

Hey Sarah,
The self portrait looks great. Sorry I haven't commented on it earlier, things have been crazy. I love the flow of the piece and the feeling of serenity and companionship. Beautiful job hun!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home