Saturday, August 12, 2006

First Week of Work

Vuinnardenkornlish
So far work has been going well, most of the week has been filled with orientations, paper work, and coloring in Photoshop. Although, I did work on an actual job on Friday -- something that wasn't supposed to happen for another two weeks. We were on a tight deadline and half the art department is on vacation so they gave the rookie a go. They asked me to come back on Monday, so I'm taking that as a good sign.
The only thing that's gotten on my nerves is my manager's constant speech about how editorial illustration isn't what I truly want to do and that Root should be my passion. I know he's saying this to prevent me from leaving soon, but it's annoying. Right now, I smile and say something ambiguous while lengthening the list of illustrations I want to do.
That's the scoop so far, I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger drawatron said...

wow, very intimidating but very exciting. for some reason i want a job like that. hmm.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Sounds good Erika! I'm glad you like it so far. It seems like with every job I get,(even if it's shit like Hobby Lobby), they want your passion to be your job. Sounds like you're responding well, shake your head then ignore what he says. :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

yeah ignore your boss. What Sarah said is true, and some jobs don't allow moonlighting at all, even if you are starting a business in your free time. So just ignore him and do your thing. good luck!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home