Thursday, August 31, 2006

Self Portrait



Hey everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on much lately, I've been doing a ton of overtime which has taken away from art and blog time. Happily, though,I have tomorrow off! Hooray!!! I totally understand what Cat said about coming home from a long day at work and just wanting to eat dinner and relax. So far, I have my piece on board, it's just a matter of painting it. I'm doing the technique I used for the fortune teller piece since that's my favorite piece from the Academy. I'm hoping to finish it by Monday so that I can start the young'uns assignment ASAP. Let me know what you guys think of things so far.

3 Comments:

Blogger drawatron said...

nice drawing. i cant wait to see it painted. i think that the clothing might be really nice as one flat shape but who knows well have to see how you approach it. very nice.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

that is a really nice drawing. This seems a bit more stylized than I am used to your doing, it's nice! There are a few things that I would watch: One, where the neck comes down under your chin, it feels a little awkward where it ends, almost like it should flare out . Two, your right shoulder seems dropped just a tad too much, maybe it's just the neck part that seems funny. three, the steam rising from the cup goes right into your hair, forming a sort of halo around the front of your face. maybe the steam s hould be executed a little bit more realistic, like the hair is. The hands are awesome!! And I agree that hte shirt would be nice as a flat shape. I can't wait to see the finish on this too! Go, girl!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Hey Erika,
This looks great, I agree with the stuff that Cat is saying. The only other thing I would add it the hand that's actually clasping the cup (with the fingers spread out), blends in with the hand and the wall in value....I know this will probably change when you get to painting.... maybe you can make the cut one value darker or something. The hair look beautiful, as well as the face and the light hand on the dark shirt. YAY you!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home