Monday, September 18, 2006






Hey all!

Well, these are just some quick sketches I did awhile ago. I use my quill pen all of the time, I love it. There is a freshness and boldness to it. I dip the pen in the ink and have to stick with it. Just like George said.. you have to commit to a line, once it is down on the paper you commit to it and use the next lines to complete the drawing. I need to sketch EVERY DAY, that way I will get better at the anatomy if I continue to practice!

I miss all of you guys and thank you so much for this blog, I look forward to completing some projects with you guys, keep the assignments coming, sorry I have missed the past couple.

p.s-I have some self portrait pen and ink sketches, but they are "so-so" on the resemblence,.. Maybe I will post them anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

THOSE SKETCHES ARE BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you draw. I absolutely love the one on the top right, the girl laying down. it's gorgeous. I'm so excited to hear from you! yay! Maybe you should choose the next illustration assignment (and we can force you to do it!)

2:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Beautiful!! I'm very impressed! I think pen and ink is your media....I love all of the variations in the width of the line. I also love the compositions, you cut things off in successful places!I really love the expression of the girl in the chair. Yay you!

9:18 AM  
Blogger drawatron said...

someone was paying attention at the academy. fun drawings. i would like very much to see more of these.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks guys. I think all of you have been doing such wonderful things with your illustrations lately. You all are a big inspiration. Seeing your work, makes me kick myself and think, why aren't I doing more illustration realted projects? Well I need to find a way to balance it with all the design I am doing. I have been on some wonderful photo shoots for work lately. But I need to draw and paint and illustrate more...

Miss you a lot. I'll keep the postings up.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home