Sunday, September 24, 2006

hiatus

Hey guys! Things have been really busy for me lately. The training for my serving job at PF Chang's took some serious time, and now they are scheduling me EVERY DAY. I really don't like it at all, but I have only done it a few nights so hopefully it will get better and the money will start to make it worth it.

I don't think I mentioned it on here before but I am taking one class towards my MFA right now. I am giving the Academy of Art's online program a try, being an internet geek, it seemed like a perfect fit for me. Right now it's just a color theory class but GOOD GOD it's time consuming! When I originally signed up, I thought I would take one or two classes at a time and just peck away at my masters since it's something I have always wanted to get, but now I have been flirting with the idea of going "balls to the wall" (as David put it) and going full time so it doesn't take 6 years to finish. This of course means I won't be able to pursue freelance stuff as much as I would want to. So I'm perplexed. Maybe I should forget about PF Chang's and I should just live off of student loans and try to pursue freelance jobs in addition to my school workload.

Bah! I guess I'll see how the rest of this semester goes. Oh, and I'm leaving for Disney World with my family Wednesday morning and won't be back until Saturday night. I will try to do some sketches and stuff on the airplane so I can whip something out for the Halloween project when I come back - I am going to try to make it simple. I still haven't finished my self portrait and I haven't even transferred my ice cream one to board yet - I'm feeling very behind! I blame PF Chang's.

okay, enough bitching and moaning, I have some homework to do!

3 Comments:

Blogger drawatron said...

serving can be a bitch, but the money can be really good. i just couldnt deal with teh schedule that changed everyday. so i got a new job, at circuit city corporate headquarters. now i know what you might be thinking, but i took this job only to save up money while i build a portfolio and to pay them bills. so i have been really busy the last week working both jobs but i am finally getting to a good place in life. if i can do it you can too.

9:39 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

also send me an address so i can send some cash for david. good luck

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Hey lady,
I know how the busy stuff goes. Just hang in there and keep plugging away at everything. The student loans would be good, but I know that's a really hard decision to make.
Have you been learning a lot in your color course??? Maybe you could post some of the assignments from that class, I'd love to see what you're learning about.
Have fun in Disney World!!!! Ride the tea cups for me. :)

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home