Monday, September 11, 2006

An Update

Well, I've been reading all the posts and sometimes responding to them during my move to the Washington, DC, area. It's been a lot of work and I haven't done any art.... the Academy feels like a dream, I'm sad to say. The good news is that my employer in CA offered to have me telecommute from my new home in Alexandria, VA, so I haven't had to find a new job and I can pretty much work my own hours. The bad news is that since I'm working out on the East coast I'm under greater scrutiny and so I have to work harder. Most of you know already, but in case you don't... I work as an editor for a prominent publisher/electronic resource provider for historical research. I specialize in modern European history, particularly German-language sources, though I work daily in world history across several languages and time periods. While it gives me my history and language "fix," it's pretty draining. Eventually I'll figure out how to fit in my art time. I'm eager to get things going and participate in our "assignments" for this blog. My wife, Megan, is in an incredible grad program at GW, studying security policy and having great experiences.

Keep up the great work, everyone! I look forward to increasing my participation and I hope to see more of you "silent" members getting involved. Let me know if any of you visit the DC/Northern Virginia area.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

Tyler, happy to hear the move went well! That's awesome you don't have to worry about looking for a job, that is sooooo time consuming. You'll get back into your artwork, no worries. I loved that painting you did of Perry, you should try doing some of Megan while she is studying or something.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Hey Tyler,
Glad to hear your doing well! I think we are all struggling with the day jobs that are draining and then trying to come home and work on art. I think Cat's idea is a really good one, and people hold pretty still while they're studying, maybe you could get a few quick drawings in.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home