Friday, September 15, 2006

Update!

Hi Everyone!!
I am super busy at Ringling. I am taking Illustration 1, Illustration Media, Figure Drawing, Painting, and the Business of Art and Design. Our assignment for Illustration media was to illustrate a fish (from a reference photo) using pen and ink. We had to include a letter. I don't know how well this image will show up, but there is a K in the lower left corner. I am working on my self portrait, all of yours look wonderful!!! I am also excited about the children assignment...mine will just be a little delayed. I will try and write more later, I miss you all! Please tell me what you think of the fish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

that fish is amazing. What great contrast and depth. Did you do all of that with a Speedball? I have been playing with my old Speedball from high school and I am really digging it, I like the varying ink flow and the surprise ink blots!

I'm so happy to hear that you are happy at Ringling. What a great course load you have, I want to take it. Can't wait to see your self portrait, I hope you are punching mosquitos in it.

7:49 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

damn, i need to step up my game. i can tell from this assignment that i am in some serious trouble. great work.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Erika Steiskal said...

Beautiful job, hun; I love all the textures you were able to capture. I'm so glad to hear that you're having a great time in Ringling and are continuing to grow. Your classes sound so cool, you make me want to drop everything and head right back to school. . . oooo, so tempting.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so great lady!!!!! It looks better then the fish that were up at the display booth this summer! I really love the fins, they look very translucent, which I'm sure is hard to achieve in ink.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home