Wednesday, October 04, 2006

a breather....

hey guys i know it has been a while. i will spare you the excuses. ok maybe i wont. i have been working two jobs for the last three weeks. i now have a job at circuit city corporate where they pay me a damn decent salary and give me great benefits to really do nothing. i was also working at ruby tuesday after i would get of at ccc. so needless to say, i was not getting as much art done as i would like but now i work at ccc only so yeah! here is my wip for the editorial piece. apparantly some researchers are convinced that TREX was a scavenger and not a hunter. so i thought, we all know that scavenger guy from high school who is very scary looking but never has his own twinkie. it is still in progress and i cant get a good scan but i will update soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I totally dig it, Chris... I love the colors and the drawing. Kind of reminds me of Peter de Seve's stuff. I'm having a hard time finding trouble areas.

Yup... it's coo'.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

What are you doing at circuit city? That's awesome that they are paying you really well.

I really like this piece!! You should make the Trex a little scarier looking, right now it looks like he's just pointing at the drumstick like "hey, look at that drumstick!" Instead of "Give me your drumstick, biotch"

Glad to see your work!!! I'm also stoked that the blog is hot and heavy again. Hooray for all of us and keeping up with our art!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Great job Chris! It's really funny, I'm glad you're letting your great sense of humor in your work. Love it! All of your guys are inspiring me :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

thanks for the comments guys. i was going for a "you gonna eat that?" look but i think it would work if i tried the intimidating thing. ill see what i can cook up. thanks again.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Yeah, I like the "you gonna eat that? look. I think it's a good contrast to the other dinosaur's look and it also lends to the change in perception of T-Rex, from fierce hunter to a scavenger. It's like saying, "T-Rex ain't so scary as we thought." Non? Anyway, those are my thoughts.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

tyler you make a good point. forget what I said about making him mean, cause I guess a scavenger isn't like a bully, they are usually just annoying people that try to eat your food :)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home