Tuesday, October 03, 2006

McCaws and Things


Hi guys,
Thanks for the invite to come see and join you in trying to keep our artistic spirits alive.

While I was out on a walk recently I noticed an ad for an auction to support abandoned and abused parrots and McCaws in New England. I realized I had some great pictures of a McCaw from a long time ago, and I decided to create an image to donate to their auction. One of the best lessons I learned from it was to be OK with letting it go. I have had a tendency in the past to want to hold onto the work I have done...not a good thing when you want to sell your work, eh what? Anyway, here it is. I'd be interested in your thoughts and comments.

I haven't been able to find out how much they made off the painting, but the auction itself raised $14,000...can you believe it?! Right here in little old Malden. It definitely doesn't have the feel of a town that would support an auction in that way.

Coming up...working on a logo for a local fire department...not just computer generated as all the logos I've done in the past. This will be painted on a 3' diameter board and mounted on the building. I'll keep you posted as I create some possibilities for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

Yay, welcome Deborah! Good to have you here. That painting is really cool, looks like you had fun playing with shapes. What did you use to paint this? My one comment is that I think you could lose a little bit off the top. The whole bottom right side of the painting is interesting, and the top left just doesn't hold interest as well. That was really generous of you to donate your work, just think, a Deborah Graham original is hanging in someone's house!!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

way to show deb. glad you made your way here. we are lucky to have you. i think cat hit on on the points that i had so unfortunately i cant help with any crits, all i can say is that i cant wait to see more.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Yay Deborah! I'm so glad you're on the blog! I really love all the shapes you have working in the painting, I also think your color pallate is lovely!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home