Saturday, November 18, 2006

Art Show






Hey guys, I wanted to show you some of my mom's work. She just had a big exhibition and it went really really well. She sold a couple of things and everybody really liked her stuff. I'm so proud of her! She gave me the pomegranate piece, because it's my favorite.
All of her pieces represent different ideas and symbols for fertility from different cultures. She wanted them to be like fertility figurines (like the Women of Willendorf). She's got a bunch more, but these are some of my favorites. The one with the nest is called "Daughters", me and my sister are the eggs!

3 Comments:

Blogger drawatron said...

wow. you have a very talented mother. i really like to see how some of your stuff resembles a bit of her influence. the pomegranate piece is very nice, that was my favorite too. tell her i said congrats.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Heckel said...

Sarah, your mom and her work is beautiful! I can see the resemblence.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

Wow, her stuff is really wonderful!!! Like mother, like daughter! Thanks for sharing her stuff with us.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home