Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hey There!





Thanks Ms. Cat for keeping us on target. You're right about the need to keep up with this blog! I've been working a lot on some shadow box art recently, I hesitated to post pics on the blog because I knew the pictures of the pieces were going to photograph poorly. But you guys can maybe get the idea through some bad pictures.
Lately I've gone back to doing "gallery art"...I'm not sure what else to call it....it's not really illustration, but I'm definitely incorporating a lot I learned at the academy. They're three dimensional. I get to use all the fabrics I love, and make the frames and boxes, which involves powertools, which is fun. The small "hope" box is the kinda title of the other piece. The Sunflowers I just started. I have really loved making these so far.
I recently went to an art festival to help work a friend's art booth. I got to go around and talk to a bunch of artists there. One artist was particularly helpful. When I told him I worried about being able to sell me art. He told me to go for it and worry about it later. He said that a lot of times you have to travel around to find your market. (He sold better with his type of art in the NorthEast). Him, his wife, and their new baby travel all over the country selling art work, and their stuff is amazing. Here is their website : http://www.cicadabooks.com/home.html check it out! It was really encouraging, and so fun to be around a bunch of artists again for a weekend. So my new goal is to try and start doing some of these art festivals. (then I could travel all over the country and visit everyone!!!!!)
I miss you guys a bunch and will try to keep up on posting, even if my photos are shitty. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

Yay Sarah!!!! I LOVE the work your doing and think it would be very marketable at an art festival! I'm glad you are being so productive. The sunflowers look great, I can't wait to see the finished piece. How many are you aiming to have before you get a booth at your first festival?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

p.s. It was nice to see your smiling face, too!!!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

I'm thinking if I have 15 good larger images I should be good. I'm thinking I'll try to make prints of some too. We'll see!

5:14 PM  
Blogger drawatron said...

poppycock! who says this cant be illustration. i think that would bring some personality and a unique flare. please do not stop doing these. why dont you try to make one of these in response to a news story. treat it as an "illustration" and see what happens. i could totally see this working, if the Red Nose Studios guys can do threedee stuff then why cant you? great stuff. really refreshing.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home