Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New year New things




Hey all.

I just accepted a job offer in Chapel Hill. I feel excellent about it. I will be closer to my family and my mom and this job holds great opportunities for me. Possible illustration too. One of my first projects would be promoting exhibitions at an art museum downtown. I have been wondering what the next new thing for me is and you just know when it happens. I am going to emerge myself in painting so count me in on upcoming assignments. I hope to sell my art around Chapel Hill.

Anyway, one of my favorite things to do is check the blog out and see what all you talented peeps have posted lately. It is a big new years resolution to get serious about illustration so I will need things like this blog to keep my chin up and a paintbrush or ink pen in my hand...

Yeah... the change I was waiting for!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather Heckel said...

congratulations!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

YAY KIM! Congratulations! You never know what life is going to bring your way. I'm really happy for you. It'll be nice to be close to your family too :)
The page of eyes looks really great. I love the very loose way you draw, it looks great in the blue ink.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

That's great news!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

Kim,, I love seeing your sketchbook work. Thanks for sharing it! Congrats on the new job, I hope you really enjoy it. And good luck with the painting... you do beautiful stuff so I know you will have no trouble selling yoru originals!!

10:09 PM  
Blogger h_camp said...

hey kim!

congrats on the new job! your sketchbook pages look aweome, especially the eye-page.

ps, i haven't forgotten - i owe you a disk of photos fromt eh academy! sorry for dropping the ball on that...

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home