Sunday, March 04, 2007

NYC07 - recap


New York was fantastic. Me and Erika got to see David Cross at a comedy club called Comix. We saw a couple of cool galleries in SoHo. We saw Sterling, Holly Camp, Lisa Fields, and other people at the Society of Illustrators show, and Gary Kelley spilled red wine on my favorite sweater, but you can't hold a grudge against GK. We saw an amazing John Singer Sargeant gallery and then more amazing artwork than you can believe at the Met. We had a late night dinner in a tiny italian place in Alphabet City and camped out on the floor of Heather's aunt's East Village apartment. We saw the MoMA, a Klimt/Schiele gallery, and had delicious deserts at Serendipity. We saw a taping of Conan O'brian, got cupcakes at Magnolia, and got lost in SoHo before seeing a band play at a small bar called Corio. All in all, it was a really fun trip.

Being the nerd that I am, I already started an ING savings account dedicated to next years trip.

Here are some pictures I took - I don't know why I didn't take more. I think I was absorbing more than I was recording. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home