Friday, April 27, 2007

mmmm.... cheesecake





This is the final printed piece for my big cheesecake factory gig. The kind people at Doug Oliver Design Office hired me to do this, and thank you to SILA for having my portfolio there to find.

They provided me with architectural elevations. I copied them onto a nice Canson toned drawing paper that I cut down to copier friendly sizes, and then all I had to do was color. I used my trusty Prismacolors and didn't sleep for the 3 nights leading up to my trip to New York City. Totally worth it though; the book looks incredible in person. The designer, Abby Bennett, did a really great job. So there are a few book shots and then one of the drawings I sent them. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Yay Cat! The book looks very professional and beautiful. I really like the colors you used in the white on the front!! After doing that angel piece I know realize how difficult it can be do something that is all white :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Way cool assignment! ...looks great and like a lot of fun. I'm sure they'll remember you for future assignemnts.

10:56 PM  
Blogger debsworld said...

Good job, Cat! Great work, and a cool assignment. Nothing quite like seeing your work in print is there?!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home