Tuesday, May 01, 2007

dwight


what do you all think? I tried not to morph him too much but a little bit of my old tendencies crept up on me. That's my favorite part of drawing people anyway - noticing little quirks about them and pulling and skewing features. It's a challenge to make it still look realistic, but it's a challenge I really dig. I need to do a color study... my inclination is to skip it and figure it out once i get going (I have something in mind) but I don't want to waste time. I should have this finished by the end of this week... I leave for a cruise on Saturday so I want to be done with it by then!

now that I look at it, the crop on top is just a little awkward. I'll bring it up a tad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Hey Cat, I think it's looking really good. I like how the shoulders kinda swing out, it adds movement. Your drawing looks beautiful...I love the light on the forehead and cheeks...well everywhere..great light!! I think your other drawing looked a little more like him, and I went and looked up a picture of him...and I think it's because in your other drawing you got that really rectangle of a head he's got. Maybe just making his jaw a little more squarish and flat.
Looking good lady!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

hmm ... the jaw does look a little soft. I'll play around with the drawing some tonight. thanks for the feedback!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home