Wednesday, May 30, 2007

RE: crazy thought

Hey everyone,
Since Tyler is off to the academy again and maybe others we know, I thought it might be challenging to create our versions of the illustration assignments as they are given at the academy. Since they are doing the slice of life in Sarasota, we could do a slice of life from where ever we are living, then as the week goes on we could work along side the academy. I think Tyler will clue is in. Any thoughts, like do we have the time? I many have at first since I am off till June 18th. I may begin and see what develops.

Best - Don

4 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

I think that's an awesome idea. I personally don't have the time for full fledged illustrations (since my Dwight illustration has taken me over a month as it is). But maybe we could do sketchbook pieces or at least just do thumbnails and concepting... those are the most important parts anyway!

So it's slice of sarasota again, is it? I'll be sure to include an umbrella and a palm tree in mine.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Ha ha! Definitely an umbrella, that can make or break a painting you know. I think doing sketches/drawings sounds great...I'm not really doing illustration, but I think that sounds like fun!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm in. Good idea, So thumbnail critique starts when? Ha- jk, but seriously I want to work on some concepts and more paintings using the technique that I'm recently into - so I'll post something on a slice of life in wilmington or chapel hill (I'm still there freq. to see mom.) soon.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Don Rogers said...

ok, I am going to really try and do the thumbnails and well already I haven't done what I had planned, go out and sketch, paint a scene of savannah. Tomorrow it will be most of the day graduation ceremony, total exhaustion after that so maybe sunday, maybe... I will check in with ty and see what he is up to at the academy - working all night cause they didn't approve his sketch till friday afternoon. Who knows at least we are trying - right?
Don

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home