Monday, May 28, 2007

Some new stuff



Hello.

So I just recently submitted some work for a contest in which the theme was nature. The deadline came quick, although what I posted here are not the same ones I ended up submitting, they are a part of a series that happened as a result. (still in progress as you can see- the bird I posted earlier this mos. is with the group... in a .... "experimental state, trying to save it actually.. used a wrong combo of collage media.. ha - Im learning) I'm getting into some mixed media, gel medium, ink pens and quill, piling on the layers.... having fun, -wanted to share.

Hope you all are doing well. The academy just started I think- Here's to those hard workers! Can't believe its already been a year! I miss those late nights in the studio... I had a great time in Sarasota and I am happy I got to meet all of you there!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Fox said...

WOW Kim!! I think you've found your style lady! These are so beautiful. I absolutely love the colors you used in the top one, and all the layers. The mix of really soft edges, with the hard pen edges. And I love the "nature" subject matter...I love all the shapes.
BEAUTIFUL! Go you!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

thanks sarah you are too kind, your art rocks! Let's just hope I finish these pieces, sometimes I have a hard time finalizing paintings. Thanks again though, I'll keep working at it!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

I thought these were finished! What else do you need to do to them? I think they look great as is. One of the girls I studied with in Scotland was a really great abstract painter, she said that most great abstract paintings have a point on them that is different, or stands out so you have somewhere to kind of start and finish on an abstract painting. I think you have that on both of these, the harder edge of the purple where it hits the white on the top, and the right flower on the bottom. I think they look beautiful! Maybe they're done??? :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

Kim, these look fabulous! The colors, the texture, the beautiful shapes... I'm with Sarah, these would probably sell as is!!! As a matter of fact, maybe I'll add the top one to my art collection...

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home