Saturday, June 02, 2007

Academy - Week One



I'm nearly done with the first assignment... Just waiting to do a wash over it. We're spread across three studios this time and have more students than last. Fortunately, there are less people in each studio, which allows us to spread out quite a bit... I'll post my final piece sometime soon. Above is just a quick sketch of my work area while I wait for the paint to dry.

Though it's like I never left, it's not the same without you all. :/

EDIT: CJ-10 (the computer lab) hasn't been open and so I can't get to a good scanner to post my final piece. It seems that Ringling is being difficult about making it available.

7 Comments:

Blogger Don Rogers said...

yea I feel some sadness that I am not there working too. I have to make my own assignments.
Don

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Wow this is a really beautiful little drawing! And it's nice to see the studios again. Is that a sneak peak at your new piece??

12:07 AM  
Blogger Erika Steiskal said...

I love your sketch and the piece looks awesome as well. I miss the Academy, are there any other students who attended last year? I'll be coming down on Thursday June 21 (during the lecture week) and visit through the weekend so get to catch up!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Yes, that is a sneak peak at my "slice-o-life" piece.

Lookin' forward to seeing you soon, Erika! We'll have to make a trip to Big E's when you're here. Perry will be here for lecture week, too. There are a bunch of returning students but it doesn't seem to be as many as did last year.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I'm looking forward to posting more Academy work over the next six weeks.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

looking good tyler, can't wait to see more! I especially love seeing sketchbook work :) I'm obsessed!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, this drawing really makes me miss the Academy, it even looks like the point of view from my seat last year. Good luck Ty, make us '06ers proud!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

STARBUCK YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home