Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Earthy Lady



Hey Everyone,
All this talk about the Academy got me back to focusing on the basics. On this last painting I did all the steps, thumbnail, value study, color study, then final. I think it makes a difference, it was easier to go to final. I've finally started adding a signature to my work (a little overdue since I've been doing these for a while). Let me know what you think!
Thanks!!
P.S. Thanks to Tyler for keeping all of us updated on what's going on at the academy, I think it's a little of a re-energizer for us :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I love the signature. It's neato. Looks like a print/stamp.

Keep crankin'!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

love the signature too - did you go back and add it to your old stufff? Oh and take photos of the coffee shop when you get a chance, I would love to see the stuff in action.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Reedicus said...

I am jealous of your painting. i get muddy results when i try and do realistic renderings of people.(that's why most of mine are monochromatic)
I love how the strokes and colour define the features of the hand and face, especially in the nose and hands. i also like how her features are slightly stylized.
I love the fabric(?) in the back ground as well. i love what the green flowers brings to the piece.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Woops! That deleted post was mine, I was trying to add something to what I wrote. I was saying thanks for the comments. About how I paint skin I was going to write this: I paint in oil the way you're not really supposed to. Like putting together a puzzle, I pre-mix almost every color I am going to use and then put color next to color top to bottom. I think it keeps colors fresh and crisp and then you can paint more at one time rather than waiting for stuff to dry.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home