Sunday, June 03, 2007

Newbie's Sketches





Hello all,
I have been reading and enjoying the work you all have posted for a month or so now. I was feeling a little bad to just be posting some sketches on your blog till the State of the Blog Address, where you asked for sketches and anything that caught our fancy.
So here are some sketches that i had done a while ago ad revisited to add some colour and see what happens. Thanks Cat for the opportunity to join in on this blog! I do envy those that have been and are currently attending the Academy and look forward to hearing the assignments and to see the posted process and finals.
TTFN
BReed

5 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

woah, i'm blown away. Brian, I can't wait to see more, these are really beautiful. What type of moleskin is this? It looks like the watercolor actually "works" in yours - in mine it seems to pool on top, almost like the pages have a wax coating or something. I do have a watercolor moleskin that I haven't broken in yet... Now i just need to learn how to watercolor!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Reedicus said...

Thanks so much Cat for the crit. i think that the moleskin i have is just the sketchbook issue. I know it's not the watercolour one. The inks will still pool and "bead up" on me too. i just wet the paper and work it in with the brush first, then let it dry a bit. It will take the colour a little better after that.
Thanks again look forward to posting some more.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Hey Brian! Welcome to the blog!! I LOVE this sketch, it is so beautiful. The color really makes it special, nice and flowing.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

Brian - my boss was exploring my blogs (he's a cool guy who actually majored in illustration too) and I heard him gasp out loud when he loaded this page and saw your sketch. Just thought I would share :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Keath said...

Wow! Add me to the list who gasped out loud!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home