Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sketchbook!!

Hey Everyone, I visited Sarasota last week to get inspired and hang out with John, Brent and the guys. It was incredible and I'm slowly working on getting back into an art making groove. I'm actually . . . updating my website (gasp!) I'm hoping to have it up sometime this weekend. It was so nice to see Tyler, Perry, Tina Sweep, Andrew, and several other people from last year. Lots of good times with everyone, I only wish that I could have stayed a bit longer ( a bit meaning three more weeks) so that I could have more time visit and make art :)

Here's a sketch from a plane ride to Dallas (my first business-related trip)















Another coffee shop collage















With this one, I did the drawing of my feet by holding the very end of my pen.













I'm trying to integrate more environmental images into my sketchbook rather than just obsessing about portraits and figures (though I still find the most enjoyment from drawing people)



Sorry to cut his short, I have to get ready for a few major deadlines at work tomorrow, but I hope you enjoy the work. I'll be in touch and hopefully posting more work! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

Erika, good call with incorporating landscapes - I love how the tree collides with the table and mug drawing. it's cool.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

Sounds like a good trip! And your sketch book is looking awesome as usual. I really love the tea pot and tea cup!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home