Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cupcakes


Hey everyone,
It's been a while, but I'm but from vacation and finally had a some time before work to paint the other day. This weekend though I'm going to a painting-a-day workshop by Carol Marine: www.carolmarine.blogspot.com Check out her work, she is one of my favorite daily painters. So hopefully this will get me re-energized! I'm so excited!!
I've also got another small good news. I got a portrait commission! I had an artist day where I painted all day at the Starbucks I work at, and one women wanted a portrait of her sister, who passed away. She hasn't decided if she is going to get just a flat painting, or a shadow-box style one yet. We're going to do it kind of Renaissance style, very spiritual, with the gold halo and such. I'm really excited about the chance to work on it! I keep you updated!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cat Scott said...

I LOVE THESE. I'm buying the top one. I'll send you a check. How much? Don't sell it to anyone else!!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Heather Heckel said...

yum! I want to eat them! congratulations on your portrait commission. I am moving into my new apartment in sarasota in a couple weeks. If you need a commission after you're finished with this one I would be happy to give you one--I loved that one you gave to my aunt! Also, book recommendations missy!!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Hey, congratulations on the commission! Tasty lookin' cupcakes, too.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

love those cupcakes! Ever heard of Wayne Theibaud? Congrats on the comission, sounds like a neat one.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home