Monday, July 16, 2007

figures, BORING!

another day, another session. i thought it would be a good opportunity to try things a bit differently today. i decided to work on toned paper with colored pencils, something i am not very used to. being to a couple of these sessions now, i kinda had an idea of what to expect from the model. i was rather unlucky tonight in the fact that it was crowded in the room and i was stuck facing the model head on, and she was not a very exciting model. these negative aspects aside, i had a lot of fun drawing today. as far as the drawings go, they are not great but they are personally informative.

P.S. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE AT THE ACADEMY RIGHT NOW (TY) COULD POST THE ASSIGNMENT LIST. I OWULD LIKE TO DO THEM BUT I AM UNAWARE OF WHAT HAS BEEN ASSIGNED. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE AWESOME I.E. ASSIGNMENT SPECS


4 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

You can see the assignments specs in my previous posts... or if you send your e-mail address to me. I'll type out the assignment specs for each week.

I'm really diggin' that drawing at the top.

I'll post my last Academy assignment soon. I'm still recovering from the Academy. You know how it is.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Cat Scott said...

your portrait drawings look really fantastic - lots of drama. It looks like you are definitely making the most of the supposedly boring poses. Keep it up, and use it to be adventurous (like you are). You should try doing that Mark English technique (pastel on paper wet with turp).

12:39 AM  
Blogger Starbuck said...

Cool stuff, figure drawing is great practice, I have been doing tons of it lately at school and it really helps train your eye and hand. I looks like you made some pretty awesome drawings despite all the negative aspects.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah Fox said...

I really love the portrait at the top. Beautiful!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home